Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Personal Demons



We all wear different masks. It depends on our environment. As time has proven, we evolve accordingly to our surroundings. The same methodology applies to our personality. Have you ever felt like you were different, in a group of people? Everything is cautious, carefully worded. It's in our nature to impress another. A trait that has long been the bane of our existence. How I wonder what the world would be like if egos were taken out of the equation completely. Everything would be straight forward. 

I wear a mask. And every single day I face a constant battle with myself. There's so many things that I want to say to you but I can't. Words seem to evade me. I know you'll make me happy for a lifetime but I just can't. How I wish things were different. You're the girl I need but not the one I deserve. Not yet. There's just some things I need to do, in my life first. Things I need to sort out before I can move on. And I will only move on when I've completed my goals. I hope you'll still be around but even then, I will not stand in the way of your happiness, even if its not with me. Because you deserve the best. And I'm trying to be the best man for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment