Saturday, January 1, 2011

Chasing Stars



This same time last year I was lakeside with you feeling secure and warm. I felt like this is the best that life was ever gonna get. I wasn't scared of the fact that I'll be leaving because I was confident we could make it work. Now, a year has passed and everything's changed. I miss you, I really do but I've got to live with the fact that it's over and it was all a dream. When I said "I love you", I meant it. I would have thought that I'd be over it by now but the reality of the matter is that a part of you stayed with me. And I don't think it'll ever go. Remember when you woke up crying and I told you I was gonna take care of you no matter what happens? Remember when I chased you down and told you I was never gonna let you go?

The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective. Unless a man starts on the strange assumption that he has never existed before, it is quite certain that he will never exist afterwards. Unless a man be born again, he shall by no means enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. So I'll keep my silence, I'll keep my end of the deal. But I'm always here for you. Now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment